Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rings, Rings and More Rings

And more hearts! :D Warning: I got my image upload problem resolved and as such this is an image heavy post! :D

OK, it's official! I have crafting ADD! LOL I have soooo many other projects I should be working on right now. But I couldn't resist a little mini challenge for the Ravelry Silly Strings group. And it felt good to actually finish something! I think it has actually inspired me to really get to work on those summer goals (so I can start on more stuff). :D

Anyway, the challenge was "What’s the finest thread you can actually crochet with to create a wearable ring?". How can I resist that??? Well, I almost did. I was really trying to be good and not start anything new till I get some of my WIPs finished. But I needed a break and needed to finish something quick! I was losing steam on my projects and having a hard time getting inspired to even work on them. This challenge seemed like the perfect thing! So here is what I came up with....
First a simple green band....

that evolved into a sinlge flower ring...












that evolved into a Garden Fairy Ring...














that led to a Floral Fantasy Ring...

And then I couldn't help myself, I had to make another one of those hearts! This time I made a Nano Heart Ring for my baby girl so now we match...










They were all made with sewing thread and a .75mm hook. I know, I'm crazy! :D But it's so fun! Now I just need to give my eyes a break for a few more days. LOL

And then to further stray from my summer goals list, I went to the LYS yesterday. They were having a GREAT sale and I couldn't resist. So I picked up some yarn for things on my list to do... just not on my summer goals list. But I got some lovely Babyboo from Knit One Crochet Too in this lovely Blue Ice colorway that will become a Circle Crochet Scarf by Michelle Gibbs for me.

I walked around the yarn store petting this yarn the whole time! It's soooooo soft! I haven't worked with bamboo yet, but now I can't wait! I see many more bamboo projects in the future!
And then I got some Sirdar Snuggly Tiny Tots DK to make some sweater thingies for the twins. More on that later. :D I may go back and get some more to make one for my oldest too. But first I want to be sure he'd wear it and not be freaky about it coordinating with the babies. HeeHee

I also got some help on the Daisy Sweater while I was shopping. So now, I can continue on with that. The princess almost has a full head of hair. I'm waiting to get new pics till the hair is done.(See some things on my summer goals list!) That's about it from the list so far. But I have renewed energy for it, so we'll see what I can get done this week! :D

Happy Crafting! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment