Sunday, May 25, 2008

No Pic Update

I have no pictures to show you today. But I am working feverishly on several things....

The princess doll, my nemesis, is currently having her hair done. It's a tedius process to do it strand by strand, but I think it will be worth it in the end. My baby girl will be less likely to be able to pull it out and it will be fuller than if I just sewed a bunch to the top of her head like the pattern suggested. She does have a face now to go with her completed body and about a quarter of a head of hair.

I did about 5 more rows on my Go for Baroque from Debbie Stoller's The Happy Hooker. Still not sure about the sizing. I think I will have to finish up the upper portions around the neck before I will know for sure if the fit will work. It's kind of hard to tell right now, so we'll see.

I'm also way behind on my testing project. So I will have to kick it into high gear on that this week.

The back of my first knitted sweater has actually been done for a couple of weeks now. But before I cut the thread, I really want someone to take a look and make sure I haven't bound off the shoulders to tight. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to the local knit nights or the LYS for help yet. We just had a visit from my MIL and 2 SIL's this weekend and I'm expecting my brother at the end of this coming week, so I probably won't be getting help on the sweater till June.

I started on an Amineko this past week. I've just got one leg, the ears and the muzzle to do before putting it all together. I also had started on the bowling set from Vicki Howell's New Knits on the Block. I've already had to put it on hold though. I realized halfway through the first pin that I forgot to pick up some pellets for stuffing it on my last trip out for supplies. And since I also need those pellets for the Amineko, they will both probably end up on hold till June as well.

But that will give me time to work on the testing project, the princess' hair and my mini scene project. Oh, I haven't told you about that yet???? Well, it will have to wait until next time....my youngest is running a fever and I have to go comfort him. :D

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment