Sunday, May 18, 2008

A few FO's....

Ready for a shock.....I have finally finished one of the 3 knitted toys that were supposed to be Christmas presents for the kids last year! :D This one really could have been done in time for Christmas, but I didn't want to give one kid their present and not the rest, so I held off on it. Well, now I'm determined to finish these darn things so they'll quite staring at me and I can add more WIPs! :D I just got a really good deal and stocked up on a lot of yarn for projects I really can't wait to get too.

So without further ado, here is the finished turtle.....


Isn't he cute???? I decided to leave off the hat though. I just thought it was too cute without it and I didn't want to cover up his adorable little face. :D So one down, 2 more to go.

I have also finished up the body of the princess (sans hair and face). But she is all stuffed and sewn up. Unfortunately, I don't have an updated picture yet. I'll wait to get at least her face and hair done before I do new ones. And I haven't worked anymore at all on the monkey....yet.

And I can now post about my very first ever garment! I made the Short and Sweet by Angela Best (from Debbie Stoller's book The Happy Hooker). I turned it into a Short and Sweet Thank You / Birthday present for my SIL. She's done some really nice things for me recently and I wanted to do something special for her in return. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in teal, cause it's her favorite color and was really the only yarn I found that was the right shade. I may have better luck finding the shade in a different yarn when the fall yarns come out, so maybe I'll get to make her another something for Christmas.


I was really happy with the way it turned out. It went really fast (minus the time it took me to get to the store to get more yarn that is) and was a really fun pattern. I haven't heard yet whether or not if fits, so I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one. I asked my brother to send me some pics of her in it when he gets a chance (provided it fits). I also told him that I would make her another one if it didn't fit. BTW, Georgia (the mannequin) is a much bigger girl than my SIL, even at her smallest, so it definitely doesn't fit her as well. But it's still pretty cute!
That's about it for today. I've got to go get my oldest ready to go to a party. Until next time.....

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. OMG is that turtle the most adorable thing ever! It turned out perfectly, I think!!

    ReplyDelete