Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finished Projects!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!! I finally have something to show you! :D

I finally finished the Noro Silk Garden Scarf for that my 6 year old. He loves it! Of course the first thing he says is "It's not winter anymore". Be that as it may, it is still gorgeous and he can wear it next winter! :D


I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but I've had a good reason. I was working on getting my first pattern written up and sent to testers! Another Yay! :D Once I get feedback from my testers and make any adjustments necessary to the pattern, I'm submitting for possible publication in the first ever Crochet Liberation Front Book! I improved the CLF Patch that I posted earlier and that's what I'm submitting. (I know, you want to see it, but I don't have pictures of it yet....stay tuned!) I'm excited. Even if I don't get published, it has been such a rush to work on just the possibility! And I've already got several more ideas in the works that I will maybe try to submit somewhere else, future CLF books, or maybe just self publish. We'll see.

Anyway, you want to see more finished stuff! This week, after saying I wouldn't start anything new till I finished some old stuff, I cast on a new project. But in truth, this one had been planned for a long time. May 5th-9th is teacher appreciation week. My 6 year old LOVES his teacher! So he asked me to make her a bookmark to go with the book gift certificate he gave her for Christmas. He picked out the pattern, Lace Heart Bookmark by Darilyn Page, and the color, purple (her favorite). And here is what it turned into.....


I'm also almost done with that gift I mentioned, so I'll be able to post photos in a couple of weeks after it's been received. I don't know if the recipient reads this blog, but I know her hubby does! :D

I don't think I've made anymore squares for the big blue afghan since the last posting. I've got many more to do on that. And even though I'm trying hard to not start new things, I found a pattern on Ravelry that I fell in love with and just have to make for myself. So I went out today and bought some lovely green yarn that I'm going to use to make Jennifer Hanson's Hourglass Jacket. Finally, something just for me!

I'm also going to start soon on my first knitted sweater. This one will be for my baby girl. I figured I'd start with a little sweater to see how it goes. I bought the pattern before Christmas, but have just finally gotten up the nerve to try it. I don't think that the pattern is hard, I'm just nervous about sweaters!

Speaking of Ravlery, I have put my Water Fountain up for the Crochet on Ravlery March Finished Object of the Month. I do a shameless plug and say "stop by and vote for me!" :D I'm post #78 on page 4, btw! :D

That's about it for right now. Yes, I still have toys to finish, and a baby afghan, and another baby afghan to start and blah blah blah! I can't help that I suffer from crafting ADD! But I am working on it all and I promise to keep you all updated! :D

Until then....Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment