Saturday, January 12, 2008

Knitting Project Updates

OK, I finally took a moment to update some photos. If you saw this when originally posted yesterday, sorry for the lack of pics. I still haven't figured out how to get Flickr pics to post, but I did figure out how to get them on another way. So, here we go....

The turtle really could have been completed in time for Christmas. However, since I was making one toy for each kid, I didn't want to only give one to one kid. So, I decided o put him aside and wait to work on the others. That way, I can give all 3 of them their toys the same day.



The monkey has only had his body stuffed. His head is ready to stuff and I still need to knit 6 hand/feet parts. And of course seam and stuff and assemble. But my main focus of late has been on the princess, since she was so much farther behind.



The princess now has a dress, mostly done. I learned new techniques on the dress! I got to finally use circulars for the first time and DPNs as well. The DPNs were difficult and I had to frog that part of it at least once, but I got through it and managed to finish. I think I didn't do too badly. Now, I've just got to seam the bodice, add the sleeves and trim and finish the crochet edging. I'm debating about whether or not to add the "petals" that are in the pattern. Maybe I'll knit a few up to look at on the dress and see. I've also still got to figure out how to seam up the arms and attach to body, stuff the body, add hair and facial features. Then of course, there's the socks and shoes and a crown. So, there is still a LOT of work to be done on her, but I'm feeling much better about it. The big stuff is finished. And the skirt took a lot longer to do than I had anticipated. But then again, I don't get to work on this stuff very often.



And in between all of these, I've also been working on the draft stopper for my oldest son's window.



In case that's not enough to be doing for now, I just bought some Moda Dea Dream to make a "Nutcracker Scarf" for myself. As soon as I can find where the kiddies put one of my US11 needles, I'll cast on for that as well.

I'm telling you, I have the attention span of spam! I just cannot work on one project and one project alone until it is finished. I always have to have about 40 things going on at the same time. I guess that's just because there is so much I want to do, and so little time! LOL

Anyway, a big thanks to my friends on Ravelry for helping me with these knitted toys. I definitely couldn't have gotten this far without them! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment