Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Crafty New Year!

What kind of crafty goodness does the new year hold for you?

For me, I plan to finish the kids Christmas gifts by the end of January. Yes, that's right, Christmas gifts from '07 finished by end of Jan '08. I don't think it will actually take me that much longer, but I added an extra time cushion in case anyone gets sick again. And since I only get the knit for about an hour every few days.....well, you see where I'm going. So thats one project (or technically 3). I also want to finish my first felting project....Lion Brand Yarn's Draft Stopper. Hopefully, it will be done before the cold weather goes away. I hate being behind! I also hope to get back to a project that I had to table a few years ago when I found out I was pregnant with twins. Maybe I'll be able to get it up and running by the end of this year. As for needle crafts, I think I would like to learn a new knitting technique.....lace. And maybe use that to make something for myself (what a novel idea! LOL). Maybe try a sweater (or 3) for the kids. Then I'd also like to go back to some crafts I haven't been able to do in years, like painting and polymer clay. I also have a few new techniques I'd like to try with cake decorating this year. Guess it's a good thing I have so many kids to "practice" on, huh? :D

There are many, many crafting books I'd like to add to my collection, but I should probably organize the ones I have (and inherited) first. So, I guess that gets added to my list......organize my new craft room (as soon as I get all the kids toys out of the room).

Oh yeah, and figure out how to post pics to the blog! I've seen some blogs that have a gallery of photos on the side, and I'd like to figure out how to do that. Still really new at the blog thing, but I think it's gonna be fun.

So, here's to a Crafty New Year! Let's get crafting! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment