Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's a Blocking Party!

Yes, that's right, I'm having a blocking party this weekend. I'm blocking 2 lace bookmarks and my Nutcraker Scarf. Well, ok, I haven't actually blocked the scarf yet, but I'm planning on getting it done before the day is over!

Also, I have FINALLY finished knitting the draft stopper for my oldest DS. He looked at it and told me that now, he wanted it as a scarf! So I'm weaving in all the ends (still!) just in case. But secretly, I'm hoping he will change his mind cause I was SO looking forward to felting it! If he does change his mind (today I hope), I'm dropping in the washing machine right away so he can't change his mind! And besides, I just bought a skein of Noro Silk Garden to make a scarf for him. I think I'm gonna have to go buy more of it though, cause when he saw it, he liked it so much that he asked for a hat and mittens to match! I guess that should be flattering that he thinks so highly of my knitting. :D

I've still got the kids toys on hold, so clearly, I won't have them finished by the end of January. I think I've just needed a break from them. But since they've been on hold, I've finished knitting a scarf, 2 bookmarks, the draft stopper, and started on a pair of spiral rib wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I've noticed my hands have been really cold this week while trying to knit that even the babies have complained about it! So they seemed like the perfect thing. I'm knitting them on DPNs (my second time using them) using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in Navy. Although not my favorite color, they are turning out pretty. Seems like everyone was out of the yarn in the color I wanted, so I make just have to make another pair in some sort of green when they get stock back in.
I also bought myself a skein of Noro Silk Garden to maybe make a pair of wrist warmers in. I'm not sure. It is just one skein, and I'd really like to do something that shows off the gorgeous colors of the yarn. Maybe I'll go back and buy some more of this colorway and try an entrelac scarf or something. At least that way, I'd get to try yet another new technique! :D

I think I'm becoming knitting obsessed! It IS rather addictive. I think I'm just trying to get as much done as I can while DH is home. I know he will be working weekends for awhile here shortly since it's one of his busy seasons. In fact, I'm enjoying him giving me so much time for ME this weekend, that I haven't done any of the things I'm supposed to, like going to the grocery store and laundry and what not. Oops! I just can't seem to tear myself away from knitting (or writing about knitting) for long. This has been a fantastic ME weekend! And it all started with a blocking party! :D

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment