Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here Comes the...Bat?


I made these little guys in June of 2008...yes, that's right nearly a year ago and I'm just now able to share them with you! :D

My Dad got married this past weekend! These cuties were made for him and his new bride.

They've had this thing for bats since their first date (or there abouts). It's one of those inside joke things. And when I saw the Little Bat pattern by Shala (Rav link here) come up on Ravelry, I knew I had to make it for them. Then when they were talking about getting married, I thought it would be funny to adapt the pattern to a bride and groom bat. They LOVED them!

I was also very happy to make the cake for them. It was a yummy dark chocolate cake with my best ever dark chocolate buttercream icing and topped off with dark and white chocolate shavings. YUMMY!!! And since they didn't want any "wedding-y" kind of decorations *on* the cake...I thought the bats were perfect to sit next to it! I think it worked rather nicely! :D

And because I really like my new StepMom, I wanted to do something really nice for her for the wedding too. So I made a Crocus Bud Shawl (Rav link here) for her. She's allergic to wool, so I found a really pretty bamboo thread (you know I have this thing for bamboo anyway!) to use for it. It has a really nice sheen and drape and is realllllly soft! And I was thrilled that she liked it so much she wore it for the wedding!

I don't have those pictures yet to share, but I will as soon as I can ... presuming she's OK with it. ;-)

It was a GREAT weekend! They were really happy and looked fantastic! My brother came to visit and I got to spend more time with him this visit than I normally do and it was great! He's my kids favorite new toy! LOL We all had an absolute blast!

Congratulations Dad and StepMom! :D

Hmm...I'll have to talk to StepMom about a blog moniker for her. ;-)

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Please stop by my blog - you have a surprise! :-)

    Armina

    ReplyDelete