Sunday, February 24, 2008

Crochet Crazy!

I'm officially Crochet Crazy this week! But, finally, as promised, here are some other ideas for those Itty Bitty Hearts......


First, need a little green to wear for St. Patrick's Day? How about a Shamrock Pin?



Or for your little one, maybe a Shamrock Headband?



For the Shamrock Pin: Make 3 hearts in green pearl cotton, using the Crochet Valentine pattern on a size 2.75mm (C) hook. Make stem using a 2mm hook and the same cotton. Chain 11. SC in second chain from hook. SC in each chain across. Finish off. Sew the hearts and stem together to ressemble a Shamrock, then sew to a 3/4" pin back. Voila! You're ready for St. Patricks Day!


For the Shamrock Headband: Make 3 hearts in green pearl cotton, using the Crochet Valentine pattern on a size 2.75mm (C) hook. Make stem using a 2mm hook and the same cotton. Chain 6. SC in second chain from hook. SC in each chain across. Finish off. Sew the hearts and stem together to ressemble a Shamrock. For the headband, make a chain long enough to fit around the wearer's head. Sl st together and finish off. Sew Shamrock to headband. Easy Peasy! :D


I've had these done (mostly) for awhile now. I just had some assembly to do, but kept getting distracted by other things. Again with the distractions! ;) But this time it was legitimate.....well, mostly. I'm currently working on about 4 projects and 2 more waiting in the wings that all need to be done in the next 2 weeks. I'm submitting one for a competition to try to get a design automatically in the first ever Crochet Liberation Front (CLF) book! Another one is for a February Challenge. The other 4 are secret fun musings for our National Crochet Month (NATCROMO) party on Ravelry.


Unfortunately, I can't post any pictures of those projects yet. But I can show you what else I did since the last post. It took 2 nights of midnight crochet to produce......Miss Ellie Phant!


Isn't she photogenic? Believe it or not, this is my first amigurumi! And I fell totally in love with her while working on her. I'm even planning some accessories for her. I will have to make another one (or 3) for the kids...they can't have my Ellie!


I know what you're thinking....what about those knitted Christmas toys? Are they finished yet? NO! I'll get back to them in a little while. Well, since March is National CROCHET Month, maybe I should hold off on the sticks till April? Anyway, I promise I will get them finished! Someday. Before next Christmas! :D


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment